Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mya Jo Briggs

Mya Jo Briggs was born on Sept. 1st @ 11:18 in the morning. She weighed in at 6lb. 13 oz. and 20 in. long. It all started the night before with contractions starting at about 11:00. So we decided to go in. They checked me and I was only a 3 and 50% effaced. So Justin and I walked the hospital for about an hour and no change. So we decided to wait it out for another 2 hours and see if anything changed. My contrations were right on top of each other and going strong so after the 2 hours of waiting they decided to keep me. I got an epidural at about 5:00 and it really wasn't working to well. My left leg was really numb bur I could still feel my contractions and my right leg. Well a few hours later we found out the anthesiologist hit a vein in my back so everytime I pushed the button for more medicine it would make me really loopy and light headed with ringing in my ears. After the 3rd push of the button I passed out and had a seizure. i don't remeber but I know I scared Justin really bad. The Dr. came in and broke my water @ 8:00 and I got a new eidural and everything went smoothly after that. Then our bundle of joy was here. Wow can I say I love Pink!! I do know that are family feels complete now that she is here. (It better be now that I'm fixed LOL!!) She is wrapped around her Daddys finger that is for sure. They will have a special bond but we love all our kids the same. The boys are so excited she is here and mug on her constantly and want to hold her all the time. We are glad Mya made it here and glad its all over with a special person in our home.:) (Pictures coming soon:)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Becca congratulations! Mya looks adorable. I'm glad things went better after the second epidural - that would have been so scary to watch you having a seizure!!! So glad everything went well. Can't wait for the pictures!

Cat said...

Yikes! Glad she is here and all is well. Congrats, she is so precious in that picture!